The Pasadena Playhouse is currently seeking a Special Events Intern to assist with the 2014 Premiere Gala. The internship will allow the student an opportunity to gain valuable work experience within a professional non-profit theatre organization. Option to earn college credit based on individual school requirements.
Responsibilities (Included but not limited to):
- Provide assistance with the coordination and facilitation of Annual Premiere Gala, The Playhouse’s largest fundraiser of the season.
- Work one on one with Special Events Coordinator learning how to plan and execute logistics, fundraising, networking and donor engagement.
- Help to coordinate with all vendors and event production staff on the day of the event.
- Assist with the management of the event website, email blasts, fundraising incentives and data management.
- Manage social media calendar and related activities pertaining to the Gala.
- Excellent communication, customer service, organization, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Motivated and outgoing with ability to prioritize while multitasking.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Must have flexible hours and be able to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Must have positive, outgoing personality and professionalism to work with major donors of The Playhouse.
- Start date ASAP and must be available for 20+ hours of work per week through May 9th 2014.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com