Grant Administrator / Grant Writer
Director of Finance
Working closely with Associate Artistic Director, Director of Finance, and Development team, the Grant Administrator/Grant Writer is the key advocate for the Playhouse in the institutional funding community. The Grant Administrator/Grant Writer maintains strong relationships with relevant funders and shepherds all Playhouse grants from initial proposal through to submission, award, and impact reporting.
Duties and responsibilities
- Conducts research on potential funding sources; maintains contact with external agencies
- Maintains funding opportunity database and awarded grant reporting schedule
- Works closely with artistic, finance, and development staff to develop and transform strategic priorities into grant proposals
- Writes grant proposals and/or edits proposal material developed by external grant writers
- Develops and submits reports for already awarded grants, ensuring financial data is accurate and appropriate to granting institution
- Reviews and analyzes the impact of grant funding on the organization.
- Serves as liaison between institutional funders and The Pasadena Playhouse
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of particular areas involved in identifying and soliciting grants
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced writing and/or fundraising training preferred
- Three to five years of grant writing experience
- Los Angeles institutional funding landscape
- Funder processes and guidelines
- Non-profit theater economics
- Financial reporting techniques
Skills and Abilities to:
- Research and write with limited guidance
- Codify ideas into well written text
- Work collaboratively with staff in various disciplines
- Meet deadlines
- Manage a team
- Set up, use and maintain word processing and spreadsheet applications (MS Office)
- Problem solve and determine best course of action
- Work as a team member and foster a cooperative work environment
- Work independently and manage time effectively
- Pay attention to detail and maintain accurate records
The work conditions for this job vary from production atmosphere to office.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and ability (no benefits). Start date is immediate.
The Pasadena Playhouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please email cover letter, resume, and two varied grant writing samples (less than 1 page each) to email@example.com